Saturday, November 21, 2015

What Major Fashion Insiders Wore to Their First Interviews

Resume? Check.Portfolio? Check.Outfit? Double check. 

When you interview for your first job in the fashion industry, it can be incredibly nerve-wracking. But if you have a great interview outfit, that's one way to feel calm and confident instantly. Not to mention, it could even be a factor that helps you land the job. 

InStyle spoke to several major fashion insiders to get the scoop on what they wore to their first interviews, how it impacted their hiring process, and what they look for now when they're hiring. Here are some of our favorite quotes and pieces of advice from the article:

Roopal Patel, Fashion Director at Saks Fifth Avenue"After a trip to London, I brought back this amazing black vest that I paired with high-waisted pants and a pair of oxfords...Personal details like a great accessory or accent color highlight a person's originality. I suppose I also love someone who is just as daring as I was during my first interview."

Lupe Puerta, Global Head of Personal Shopping and Client Relations at Net-a-Porter"I wore a pair of classic light gray capri pants with a double-breasted navy blazer. I wore a pair of matching gray pumps, and layered one of my favorite statement vintage necklaces to add my own personal touch. I am a firm believer that your outfits should represent your personality. It's great to see someone's sense of style shine, and when you feel comfortable in what you're wearing, it will automatically give you a sense of confidence, and, trust me, its noticeable!"

Amber Venz Box, President and Co-Founder of rewardStyle"Wanting to look professional while also showing my ability to style luxury looks, I wore a pair of wide-leg, white sailor pants by Alice & Olivia, a navy and white striped top from Zara, wedges, and gold jewelry. I loved this look and felt confident in it; it showed that I understood and fit in with the clients that I would potentially serve."

Clare Vivier, Designer"I was wearing a sleeveless Betsey Johnson jumpsuit. It was black with pink and red cabbage roses all over it and I wore black platform Robert Clergerie slides and a black cardigan. I loved the outfit, I was very confident in it and even though it wasn't corporate, it showed my personality and taste and that I didn't try to be someone that I wasn't."

Scroll down to see and shop some classic workplace pieces everyone should own:

No comments:

Post a Comment